JTC’s telepractice is an option for families of young children with hearing loss who have limited access to spoken language services. These distance appointments occur in live video sessions where the parents interact with their child at home and are coached by JTC experts. Consultants include licensed audiologists, credentialed Deaf/HH educators, Listening Spoken Language (LSL) specialists, Auditory Verbal Therapists (AVT) and Marriage Family Therapists (MFT). Support is provided for families to identify goals, practice strategies and recognize skills. Parents can ask questions, explain concerns and share progress.
- Child birth to 8 years old with a hearing loss
- Parent full participation during every online session
- Family in time zone where appointment in Pacific Time is feasible
- Computer with Internet connection and webcam and a free software program
- Residence in the state of CA or outside of the U.S.
- A minimum of one session every two weeks for a few months is suggested at start
- Families who attended JTC’s summer sessions may ask for a modified schedule
- Cost per 50 minute session is $135 for CA residents and $145 for international families. Payment can be made via Paypal and/or credit card within 48 hours of receipt of invoice sent after each session.
- Space is limited and will be offered first to families who participated in JTC services
- If you are interested please fill in the following Telepractice Request Form and one of our staff members will contact you regarding eligibility and availability. (Filling in initial forms does not guarantee an appointment).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org